I apologize for only having one photo, my camera is on it's last leg, poor thing! Keep reading for my tips on how to get the perfect beachy wave!
1. Loosely and messily curl your hair. The two absolute most important parts of this process that are crucial to the the beachy wave are:
-DO NOT brush your hair before curling. Your hair's natural texture is what makes this hairstyle possible.
-Leave the ends straight. Don't wrap about the last half inch, to full inch of your hair around the curling iron or rod. If you curl the ends, it will end up looking too curly and won't have that natural wave effect.
2. Spray your hair with some hairspray and texturizing or sea salt spray. Use the texturizing spray liberally, as this will imitate the ocean water. Messily scrunch up your hair as you go.
3. Let your hair cool for a minute or two, then proceed to the most important step.
4. Lightly straighten random pieces all around the head.
5. Use some more texturizing spray and you will look like you just got back from a day at the beach!
This process works for long hair as well, I used to have hair down to my waist and it works like magic! I hope this helps you get your perfect wave. It's really quite simple, and doesn't consume too much time, since the look is already messy, you don't need to stress about making it perfect! I promise, it might take some practice, but with these five steps, you can achieve this effortless look!